Sunday, August 22, 2010

I have my home for sale and suddenly have started receiving dozens of call from agents wanting to sell it?

I


I have my home listed with an agent and have had no activity for a couple of months. Now all of a sudden there's dozens of calls from agents wanting to sell my home. Has the market turned around that much in 24 hours?I have my home for sale and suddenly have started receiving dozens of call from agents wanting to sell it?
I think you may want to call your agent and see if your listing has expired. There are a lot of agents who call ';expired'; listings as a means of getting new clients. Sounds like you've shown up as an expired somewhere. Also, if you've expired and your current agent has not warned you in advance, and you have had ';no activity'; for months, you may need to consider getting a new agent from the undoubtedly long list of those applying. Good luck!I have my home for sale and suddenly have started receiving dozens of call from agents wanting to sell it?
do you mean that agents are calling your agent because their clients want to buy it? In San Antonio we have a good market, If I see a home and my clients don't want it the only reason we would go back after a couple of months would be if the price on the home dropped, I would make sure your agent didn't do that without your permission, it's illegal. It's odd for you to get dozens of call like that after no activity.





If you mean agents are calling you to list your home, then your listing probably expired and your agent should have told you this. if this is the case get a new agent, cause this one isn't doing his job.
An agent SHOULD NOT be call an active listing. It sounds like the list has expired in the MRIS/MLS system used by reatlors. In other words, your house is not longer showing as for sale in the computer and you are now fair game.





If this is the case, get a new agent since the old one didn't pay attention to the BIG detail.
Humm, I would tred carefully. There must be some reason why all these agents are calling. Check your local papers on the internet and do a real estate search in your area to see if someone is looking for properties in your area. Also, look in the paper to see if anyone else around your neighborhood is selling and if agents have been calling them. Good luck.
Be careful you are dealing with people who have long experience and ties to your community.

No comments:

Post a Comment