Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm interested in a home for sale how can obtain records telling me if there has been a drug bust there?

If there has been a meth lab there is potential to make me and my family sick. Do inspectors check for that? I've heard there was a bust there but didn't know how to obtain public records on that. It is a pretty house but you never can tell.I'm interested in a home for sale how can obtain records telling me if there has been a drug bust there?
The existence of a meth lab is a required disclosure by the seller IF the seller was aware of it. Of course, the only way the seller would probably be aware is if the meth lab was busted by the law and the operators arrested.





If someone ran a meth lab there and no one was the wiser, you won't find any reports of same.I'm interested in a home for sale how can obtain records telling me if there has been a drug bust there?
State laws vary about what a Realtor must disclose for a ';stigmatized'; property where a crime has occured. I believe almost every state now requires a seller to disclose if they were aware of there ever having been a meth-lab on the property due to potential health hazards.
go to the police department , tell them you might buy this house, give the address, and ask about the illegal activity, ask neighbors. ask the realtor, they must tell what they know, or get sued later on. this has to be of public knowledge. my brother asked if anyone died in the house before he bought his. one of the neighbors told him there was a murder. the realtor has to tell you about things like that, but not a natural death. here in southern california, if the home has been used to sell, or make drugs, the owner loses it to the state, or city one. the house then is auctioned off, and fixed up to live in, or to be re-sold. ask how many owners for the property, ask this owner or realtor how long they have had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment